Welcome to Zrmanja.info!
Zrmanja at Berberov Buk
The eye catching views, the pristine waters, the contrast of lush vegetation and karstic bare rocks attracts a growing number of visitors to Zrmanja. With the almost exception of Berberov Buk, fortunately enough, one shouldn't expect masses at the river area - and being so, Zrmanja is very much open for exploring pleasures.
Main attractions at Zrmanja, going upstream from its estuary:
- Obrovac - the largest settlement by Zrmanja, accessible on asphalt from both north and south
- Jankovića Buk - waterfall, reasonably acessible only on water, from Obrovac
- Muškovci - reservoir, also known as Lake Razovac, accessible on asphalt from north and south
- Berberov Buk - waterfall, the end of rafting and kayak tours, with a bridge for vehicles, accessible on asphalt from north and south
- Ogarov Buk - waterfall, accessible on asphalt from north, from south, following the asphalt one would take a 700 m long macadam road to reach the river
- Visoki Buk - the highets waterfall on Zrmanja, accessible only on water
- Kudin Most and Deveterac - old pedestrian bridge with several arches and small waterfalls above it (Deveterac) on Krupa (Zrmanja's tributary), accessible from north, from the end of the asphalt road a 2.5 km long path leads to it
- Krnježa - Krupa's 1.5 km long tributary on the right side with a spectacular valley, can been viewed from north, from the asphalt road leading to the monastery
- Krka Monastery - monastery of the Serbian Orthodox church, accessible on asphalt from north and south
- Kaštel Žegarski and Nadvoda - settlements on the southern and northern sides of Zrmanja river, connected by a bridge for vehicles. Kaštel is the starting point of rafting and kayak tours, accessible on asphalt from north and south
- Bundale - Sanaderi - Nanići - the eastern part of Kaštel and Nadvoda, with a bridge for vehicles. The asphalt road ends on the eastern end of Bundale, from where a macadam road leads to Ervenik.
- Ervenik - settled on a wide field with a bridge for vehicles in Butiga, accessible on asphalt from north and south.
A view of Jankovića Buk from west
What do you think? Please comment here!